Saturday, November 23, 2019

Peat & Diesel: "Country Boy"

There are few things that can put a smile on my face like the unexpected accordion. This is a great track. I love the balance in the production. Everything shines through and is well heard. Now I have to be honest I clicked on "Folk Music". I was expecting some mellow acoustic guitar with a mellow vocals from a baritone man a or woman that would help me ease into this day. So much was my surprise when "Country Boy" from Peat & Diesel came rolling into my ears. This is what I really needed. They accordion is great but the guitars come in with just the right amount of grind that lets you know that this "Country Boy" isn't afraid to get a little dirt under his fingers. The percussion work remind me of laid back punk but they suit the song really well. I didn't hear the bass that much, maybe there wasn't one, but this track holds well with the mix the way it is. Lyrically this song touched me. I'm a bit of bumpkin myself out here in the sticks so the story about this man made me smile laugh and I have to say that if I wasn't so lazy I would have got of my ass and done did some dancing. Do yourself favor, listen to this song. You need to, your ears will thank you. Your heart will thank you.

Check out the band: https://peatanddiesel.bandcamp.com/album/uptown-fank


No comments:

Post a Comment